Create:Fixate supports emerging artists and brings together a community where creativity is a catalyst of expression and dialogue.
Through festive art exhibits, the organization exposes new talent in a professional environment along with attracting and cultivating a new generation of art lovers. These events attract new art enthusiasts through artist involvement, community outreach, and arts education programs.
• Enhance artists’ ability to connect to their audience
• Increase appreciation of art in today’s culture
• Increase access to the arts and arts education for teens and at-risk youth
• Develop a community of artists and supporters
We give emerging artists their FIRSTS:
• A first chance to perfect their presentation and work closely with a curator
• A first professional exhibit before an eager audience
• And for many, their very first Art Sale
History – 13 Years Strong:
– Founded in 2001, the organization has quickly become a central hub of the Los Angeles arts community and is looking forward to expanding its programs.
– Create:Fixate’s programs are geared towards promoting artists who have significant bodies of work, yet limited resources for self-promotion and exposure, peer affiliation or creative growth.
– Create:Fixate is credited for launching the careers of many local artists and musicians.
– The audience is drawn to a unique and powerful blend of art and music – held in an open, relaxed atmosphere that offers an alternative to a traditional gallery or museum setting.
– The Young Creatives Program merges our artist community with after school programs serving at-risk youth throughout Los Angeles. The satellite program supplements regular arts curriculum with a goal-oriented art project that culminates in the art exhibition experience with Create:Fixate.